To cater for the sports enthusiast I run regular Acute Knee Injury Clinics.
In my practice we keep specific appointments for urgent knee injuries so that patients can be seen urgently.
The Acute Knee Injury Clinic runs several afternoons every week.
Sports injury on the weekend? See you Monday afternoon.
Prompt Assessment and Management
Patients will receive:
- Early assessment of their injury
- Professional injury management to facilitate an early return to sport
- X-Rays, MRI scans and other diagnostic tests as required
Acute Injury Patients
Patients suitable for this clinic are those who have:
- A recent acute knee injury (sporting or recreational activities)
- Aggravated an existing knee injury
- Been advised by their GP that immediate attention is required.
- Attended an Emergency Dept and been told further management is required.
Requirements for Clinic Appointment
Patients requiring an urgent appointment should
- Contact the practice by telephone and mention that you have an acute knee injury
- Diagnostic imaging is not essential (this can be arranged after a review if indicated)
- A referral from a GP is not required although you will receive a higher rebate from Medicare if you provide one